International Language Academy (ILA) Aspect was established in 1997, has developed and expanded, and is now represented by an adult language center, a British school, a British nursery school, the Humpty Dumpty Early Learning Centre and various summer sessions.
Our main goal is to provide the opportunity in Saint-Petersburg for the children – of Russian nationals and foreign citizens alike with an opportunity – to receive an education similar to that found in British nursery and primary schools.
Aspect provides two educational programmes:
1) Russian State educational programme
2) A programme based upon the British National Curriculum.
- Many subjects are taught in English: English, English literature, English reading, English writing, Mathematics in English, World around us (Science), Construction, Drama, etc.
Along with their Russian co-workers, native speaking English teachers prepare children for entering Western and Russian schools, teach them to communicate effectively and courteously in an international environment (using Golden rules, daily morning Circle Time etc.)
Children get used to hearing English from early age, being with native speakers and communicating with them in English (learning English using immersion techniques). The children are constantly exposed to British culture.
- Aspect promotes British traditions and culture, observing British holidays, running festivals, and works to create a British environment (e.g. telephone boxes, postboxes, and signs in English, etc.)
- Grounds are safe and secure, with security guards and systems. Excellent facilities include well-lit spacious classrooms, PE Studio, Arts and Crafts Studio, Music Studios, Swimming pool, Playgrounds for all classes, etc.
- Experienced well-qualified British teachers work in the ILA Aspect, many having successfully worked with Aspect for many years.
- Aspect has a close relationship St John’s –on-the – Hill- School in England, and we are currently working on spring and summer projects for our children.
- We have always maintained interest in raising the standard of education and the level of English; we are constantly reviewing, revising, and raising the standard of our work. This review is always carried out by our professional teachers of English.
- Most of our students are from Russian families: we have always had an international presence and the percentage of international students is rising, with families currently attending from Poland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Korea, China, Spain and USA. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a truly European education for our children.
- English-speaking families are always welcome!